Applications for creation residencies ate the LEC are open throughout the year.
Miso Music Portugal, pursuing its objectives of dissemination, promotion and the fostering of musical creation, created a residency program for electroacoustic musical creation in 2005.
This program builds on the one hand in providing a studio for music creation and secondly the provision of a rehearsal space with a multi-channel diffusion system. Additionally, the works created within the residency will be presented at the Miso Music Portugal Concert Season or the Música Viva Festival with the Miso Music Portugal Loudspeaker Orchestra.
The LEC also establishes partnerships with foreign studios in order to provide part of the residencies available in collaboration with these entities.
- Residences in LEC aim to stimulate the music creation offering young composers working conditions for electroacoustic composition;
- Residences in LEC give the composer the opportunity to present their works informally at the Open Farm Thursdays, and the work composed in residence by the Loudspeaker Orchestra during the Miso Music Portugal Concert Season or the Música Viva Festival. All presentations of the work must mention the context of its creation: Miso Music Portugal / Miso Studio - LEC;
- Residents in the LEC will have at its disposal all the equipment stated in the Technical Conditions;
- The residences will have a duration of 1 month;
- The LEC is open between 9h30 and 18h00 every weekday.
Conditions of admission:
- Applications for creation residencies at the LEC are made by submitting a project to create an electroacoustic work. Candidates must also present, a curriculum vitae and other informations relevant for the application. Letters of recommendation may also be submitted. Candidates are invited to submit recordings of his works.
- Candidatures are the subject of a preliminary selection following which, the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. After the interview a decision by the management of the LEC will be taken.
- The selection of a candidate, implies on his behalf the acceptance of the Conditions of the LEC.
- The selected candidates shall have a period of 1 month to compose a original electroacoustic work, with a duration between 5 and 15 minutes approximately, this work should be presented in a world premiere concert at the Miso Music Portugal Concert Season or the Música Viva Festival. Any public presentation of this work should state the LEC as a place of composition.
- The residence at the LEC creation presupposes respect for the occupancy map to define in each case.
Conditions of use and security:
- Smoking is prohibited in LEC
- It is forbidden to eat in LEC
- Any damages resulting from not following the rules of use of the LEC as well as admittedly negligent use of equipment will be the responsibility of the resident composer.
- The resident composer should address the studio's assistant any malfunction of equipment when they realize it.
- It is considered that the resident composer is, throughout the duration of residence, the trustee of all equipment entrusted to him and as such is responsible for the eventual disappearance of the same.
- LEC offers a calendar of occupation that is prepared in conjunction with the resident composer. The residence in LEC implies fulfillment of this calendar. Failure to comply with this timetable without cause, leads to automatic cancellation of residence.
Audio / Sequencers / Programming